How to Install AR-15 Sling Adapter In 5 Minutes (VIDEO)
Here are some instructions on how to install AR-15 sling adapter.
CAUTION: ENSURE THE WEAPON IS CLEAR BY REMOVING AMMUNITION FROM THE CHAMBER. PLACE ANY MAGAZINES FAR AWAY FROM THE INSTALLATION PROCESS. PLACE THE WEAPON ON SAFE. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES THAT MAY OCCUR AS A RESULT OF FOLLOWING THIS GUIDE.
Watch the 5 minute installation video or follow the instructions with pictures below:
How to Remove AR-15 Receiver End Plate
1. Ensure the weapon is clear – turn the safety selector to SAFE, check the magwell and the chamber.
2. Release the takedown pin and pivot pin – new pins may need a gentle tap with a hammer and punch. The upper and lower receiver will separate.
3. Pull the buffer and spring out by first pushing the buffer retainer and spring down with your thumb.
4. Loosen the castle nut with a castle nut wrench. Hold the plate down and set the spring and detent aside.
5. Unscrew the buffer tube by pressing the detent down at the same time.
How to Install AR-15 Receiver Sling Plate
6. Replace the receiver plate with the new one and ensure that the dent is facing the muzzle.
7. Screw the buffer tube in so it hits the buffer detent, ensuring the small takedown pin spring below the receiver plate is in place. Push the detent down, and turn until the notch lines up. Tighten the castle nut.
8. This is very straightforward: Slide the buffer and spring back into the buffer tube, ensuring that the buffer goes past and is retained by the detent. Reinstall the buttstock by pulling down on the stock adjustment lever and sliding it back onto the buffer tube.
9. Connect the upper and lower receiver and push the takedown pins back in all the way. Cycle the bolt to make sure your firearm functions correctly.
As always, practice safe and responsible firearm control. Enjoy!
To purchase the sling and adapter featured in this tutorial, click on the image below: